Everyone thinks of changing the world, but so few think of changing themselves first.
How disappointed would you be to get to the end of your life and discover that you were made to be great while all you did was wait around?
Will you be able to change everything? No. In fact there may be lots of things you want to change that can’t be changed. But YOU can still change!
Even when you are no longer able to change a situation, you are challenged to change yourself. And that makes all the difference in the world.
Based on the book by Marc and Angel Chernoff “1,000 Little Things Happy Successful People do Differently” they’ve come up with a list of – yep – you guessed it – 1,000 items. I’ll simply write the first ten for you.
1. When a new day begins, challenge yourself to smile genuinely and gratefully.
2. When you don’t get what you want, challenge yourself to appreciate that there are lots of people in this world who will never have what you have right now.
3. When holding on no longer seems reasonable, challenge yourself to appreciate the fact that nothing in life is permanent, and to realize that once you embrace this you can do almost anything you wish because you’re not trying to hold onto anything anymore.
4. When you catch yourself thinking the grass is greener elsewhere, challenge yourself to water the grass you’re standing on.
5. When you absolutely can’t control what’s happening to you, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to what’s happening – in your response is your power.
6. When it seems like problems are stacking up, challenge yourself to face these problems positively.
7. When there seems to be little hope, challenge yourself to find some.
8. When the road ahead seems too rough, challenge yourself to acknowledge that there’s absolutely nothing about your present circumstances that prevents you from making progress, one small step at a time.
9. When you catch yourself over thinking things, challenge yourself to take a step forward instead.
10. When you are completely uncertain about what the future will bring, challenge yourself to make the best and most positive use of the present.