Ever noticed the bathroom cleaners at the airport and thought, “Wow, I bet that job sucks”? Or as you’re walking to work, you saw a homeless person lying on a bench in a fetal position because it’s cold outside and didn’t think twice about it? Perhaps you’ve smiled at the sales person as she is handing you back the change as if to say “thank you” but the words never came out. I know…I’m guilty of it myself.
We all want to make the world a better place. Don’t you believe that kindness is the key to making that happen? These photos were taken yrs ago and published in the local paper.
Small gestures such as holding the door open for someone can make a difference. Here are a few others:
- Smiles are irresistible and catchy.
- If you use public transportation, it’s busy and there are no free seats, be the first to stand-up and let a weary traveler, pregnant woman or elderly person take rest.
- Send flowers unexpectedly. No reason needed. Just because.
- Make your colleagues/classmates a hot-drink. Expect nothing in return. Well…maybe some doughnuts.
- Speaking of doughnuts…why not buy and share them.
- Pay compliments.
- When a person is talking to you _really_ listen to them. Be mindful.
- Tell your loved ones that you love them. Regularly.
- Stand up for others.
- Stop complaining.
- Volunteer your time.
- Stop speaking ill of others. Let your words be kind.